DME Management School
DME Management School runs the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Programme in affiliation with GGSIP University, New Delhi. Business Administration is a course that enables students in effective management of business and corporate aspects which are required to steer and supervise business operations. DME offers an intensive 3 year program spread over six semesters, aiming at building proficiency in the area of business management. The program is designed to capture the contemporary issues in management through a hybrid of theoretical and practical knowledge imparted to students. The BBA program also familiarises students with concepts of accounting, finance, human resource management, organizational behaviour, economics, strategic management, international business, entrepreneurship, management information system etc. As a part of the curriculum, students go for summer internship programs to gain practical experience of the business world. Career prospects that students may opt for after pursuing this program include – college placement, entrepreneurship, pursuing higher studies, preparing for Government sector jobs like Bank PO, Railways, SSC – CGL etc.
We are graced with accoladed resource persons from the corporate and academic worlds to share management related insights to students through their own life experiences. The visits are designed and delivered through activity oriented approaches like case-study discussions, role-plays, brainstorming, industrial visits, projects, presentations and the like. DME ensures the students are appropriately equipped to enter the corporate world after completion of their degree by virtue of group discussions and mock interviews that are conducted for personal growth and corporate exposure to students.
Programme Education ObjectivesBachelors in Business Administration (BBA) is a professional programme with a rigorous curriculum covering all key subjects in the Management domain. Keeping in mind the programme vision and mission, DME Management School sets the following programme objectives:
- To develop an understanding among students of essential business concepts through comprehensive coverage of topics
- To provide students with a wholesome learning experience by conducting workshops and seminars on important business and management themes
- To instill essential public speaking and interpersonal skills in students by conducting activities such as Presentations, Role Playing, Group Discussion etc.
- To help students identify their area of interest amongst the various specialisation of Management such as Human Resource Management, Finance, and Marketing
- To provide students exposure to actual business practices by taking them to Industrial visits and providing them with internship opportunities
- To nurture and promote talent among students by providing them opportunities in Business Fest and various other Intra and inter-department competitions held regularly
- To provide students a platform for launching their careers by providing Placement opportunities
Programme OutcomeA student, after having successfully completed the BBA course at DME, can expect the following outcomes;
- PO1. To be well versed with various domains of business management
- PO2. To be able to practically apply the knowledge of these domains in the corporations for solving business problems
- PO3. To be effective communicators and interact with various stakeholders of businesses
- PO4. To have a well-rounded personality and meeting the day-to-day challenges efficiently and effectively
- PO5. To be able to take business decisions ethically and responsibly keeping in mind the implications for various parties affected by such decisions
- PO6. Displaying leadership qualities and taking initiatives to excel professionally by achieving organisational targets and working in teams.
Summer Training of Six – Eight weeks
- The BBA course under GGSIPU has been designed in such a manner that it provides a strong foundation in learning business disciplines and enables students in key competencies, essential for business management at the graduate level.
- At DME, we provide various opportunities for students to learn more about real-life situations in the business world.
- We organise expert lectures on management topics by eminent personalities from the corporate world. Business case discussions, role-plays, brainstorming, industrial visits, projects, presentations are an active part of the teaching methodology adopted at DME Management School.
- Group discussions and mock interviews are conducted for personal growth and for facilitating entry into the corporate world.
- The programme familiarises students with concepts of accounting, finance, human resource management, organisational behaviour, economics, strategic management, international business, entrepreneurship, management information system, etc.
- As a part of the curriculum, students go for summer internship programmes to gain practical experience in the business world.
- Career prospects that students can opt for after pursuing this programme include college placement, entrepreneurship, pursuing higher studies, preparing for government jobs like Bank PO, Railways, SSC – CGL, etc.
- All theory courses have an Internal Assessment of 25 marks and 75 marks for External examination
- For the courses, related to projects, Internal Assessment is of 50 marks and 50 marks for External examination
- The courses related to Lab have 40 marks as Internal Assessment and 60 marks for External Examination
The internal assessment of students (out of 25 marks) shall be as per the following criteria:
- Class Test 1 To be conducted as per the University Guidelines ( 15 Marks )
- Class Presentations( group or individual)/ Viva-voce/ Group-discussions/class participation /Assignments ( generally 2 per Semester; Assignment 1 based on Unit 1 & 2 and Assignment 2 based on Unit 3 &4) ( 10 Marks)
As per the syllabus, every student shall undergo practical training of eight weeks during the vacations after fourth semester in an approved business /industrial /service organization and submit the Summer Training Report. Similarly in sixth semester each student shall undertake a project to be pursued by her/him under the supervision of an internal supervisor.
Attendance plays a crucial role in successful academic and work performance. To strengthen academic rigor and instill self-discipline and professionalism, every student is required to attend the classes regularly. As per the University guidelines, every student must ensure at least 75% attendance in every semester to be able to appear for both Internal as well as External Examinations.
At DME, our focus is on the holistic development of every student and make them ready to take up new challenges. In order to resolve day to day academic problems of the students, mentors are appointed for a batch of 60 students, and they will counsel the respective students once in a week, to solve the problems come across during their course of study.
Along with the mentors, we have Programme Leaders (PLs) for every batch to provide essential support and guidance on pertinent matters. PL meeting is held once a month for the entire batch to discuss important matters and provide timely guidance.